A covered back patio can still have beautiful container gardens filled with colorful plants that thrive in the shade – just take a look at the pictures of this shady container garden we filled this past month! The options for shaded areas are numerous and can fit to almost any preference. Give us a call for a free consultation! We’re sure we can find plants and flowers that fit your taste and sun/shade conditions.
We brought some life and color to a 3rd floor condo’s container garden in Chicago this month by filling her window boxes with colorful arrays of flowers and small shrubs. Check out the pictures and give us a call to schedule your free consultation – the combinations and options are endless when it comes to containers. You can see more of our work by clicking at the top of our website, or like us on Facebook to see our photo albums and posts with helpful home & garden tips!
We were excited to bring a little color to this loft unit in River North, Chicago. Using Behr paints in Sparrow, Wheat Bread, Country Club and Deep Garnet, we brightened the rooms while adding touches of personality with color.
Trying to sell your home in today’s market?
Here are some tips to get your house ready for a quick sell:
- Weed your front yard and clean the front entrance to your home. Make a good first impression.
- Light-colored walls make rooms seem bigger. Consider painting darker rooms a lighter shade.
- De-clutter. The less “stuff”, the better. Make your house look move-in ready.
- Clean your house and make sure it smells good. You may not notice how your house smells, but new buyers will.
- Clean all windows. This is an area that is often overlooked by homeowners, but easily noticed by new buyers.
- Give us a call to schedule a free consultation! Our extensive list of services can perk up any home so it’s ready to sell quickly.
Tips to keep your plants looking good
in the hot, dry summer months
- Make sure to water everyday! Both new and old plants need water when it’s hot.
- Water in the morning. This is the best time of day – before the sun makes it all evaporate and before the worms and bugs come out at night.
- Try to water your plants near the ground/roots and the surrounding ground. It will keep cool long after being watered.
- Lay tree mulch around your plants. This cuts down your watering time. You can find free tree mulch from many tree removing services and it will help hold the moisture in the ground rather than letting it evaporate away in the heat of day.
- Water tomatoes under the leaves. This will improve growth and avoid yellow/moldy leaves.
- Make sure to turn your indoor plants every time you water. This ensures even sun exposure. If they face a sunny window, give them extra water.
One of the easiest (and funnest) ways to decorate your storefront, yard, entryway, deck, porch or any part of your garden are containers. They can be filled with any variety of plants, herbs, flowers, and grasses to create the perfect color and texture combination to suit your design and taste. Combined with the container of your choice, each one is unique and easily adjusted to anyone’s preferences. Take a look at some of the container gardens we’ve put together for clients and give us a call to schedule a free appointment! We’d love to bring pops of color to your landscape, deck, garden, storefront or porch areas.
We painted the exterior of this home’s attic last month to match the siding with the rest of the brick. In the process, we also installed a window to allow lots of natural light into the space. Call us for a free painting consultation! We specialize in exterior and interior painting for both residential and commercial spaces. We have worked with all types of finishes and techniques and can bring a unique or traditional look to any living space. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and we would be happy to hear what you want for your space, make some recommendations and put together a plan that works within your budget. Give us a call today!
This month, we had the pleasure of designing and installing a front yard landscape in Evanston, transforming their front yard into an inviting salutation of color and evergreens that will compliment their home with natural beauty year round. We were able to work with some of their existing shrubs, simply trimming and planting a few more plants around them to fill in the space, saving them money in the process. Some features to note are the pavers we laid leading to the side door, the Yellow Spruce we installed towards the back by the fence and the dark purple butterfly bush in front of the windows. We are looking forward to hopefully revisiting this garden in the future when the plants grow and fill the space in a little more. Give us a call if you’d like a little color added to your front or back landscape!